Thursday, March 01, 2007

Baby Kimono....closure ideas?

One little Baby Kimono...knitted up in a day or so a while back. So tiny! Of course, not seamed yet, but what to do about the closures? I'm not a fan of the big dangly ribbons. I want something more simple.

I've come up with these ideas: buttons through the little YO holes at the edge (but then this wouldn't be able to grow with a baby, would it?), making yarn braids and using them for closures, I-cord, and simple snaps sewn onto the insides, with a few different sizes availible. Moms, what do you think would be the most practical?


Yarn? Some kind of acrylic-wool blend, I forgot what, the LYS owner gave it to me a while back, asking if I could use it, it was already in a yarn-cake, sans label at that point!

4 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's very cute. I would get a fairly big button and make a little crocheted cord loop. The mom can move the button if necessary as the baby grows.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger mikomiao said...

lovely and adorable, like everything you do!

how about a toggle with a big loop so that there is flexibility within the closure itself as the baby grows?

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Baby knits are a mystery to me so can't help on the closure issues, but I just wanted to say that is soooo cute ;)

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

I would go traditional and make one set of ties. I'd probably do narrow I-cord and place them at the end of the "V" of the neck, like in traditional Korean shirts.
Whether or not that is actually baby friendly, I couldn't say. I've never dressed a baby in my life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home