Monday, February 05, 2007

Superwash Merino-Tencel

I ordered some superwash merino-tencel top to spin sock yarn for my Knittyboard sock swap pal Lesley a little while ago, from www.spinningbunny.com , Susan's Spinning Bunny. The first place I ever ordered fiber from. Lovely fiber, great customer service too!

This is the colorway I picked to spin for Lesley, she asked for something that reminded her of the Four Corners, and this one screamed sunset (in all it's pinks, purples, and oranges) over the junipers on the mesa to me, so this one it is!

In these pictures, it's hard to tell the color variation that is apparent in the finished yarn, these pics scream pink to me. But now I've finished the yarn, it isn't in fact so pink. Its lovely. Lovely! The tencel adds such a shine, the merino a softness and elasticity. This stuff spun like a dream. I can't wait to cast on!
I'll post the yarn tomorrow.
I've been having internet woes, hence not posting for a week, so bear with me!
Everyone who asked about the Telemark yarn, well, I like it. It's more densely spun/plied than the Wool of the Andes, and a little softer to work with, almost smoother in the hand, worsted spun rather than woolen I think.
A good yarn, in fact, I'd definitely buy this before I'd buy Wool of the Andes again!


5 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Very pretty and I'm not a pinky person!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger KnitChick said...

Ooohhh...Roses for You! One of my FAVORITE colorways :) I met Susan at the Finger Lakes Fiber fest last year, She's awesome! Oh, and getting to see all those luscious colors up close and personal...well, it was almost too much for me! What was even better was that I had nearly $60 worth of credit (b-day pressie from my mom), so I not only got to look, I got to shop! Need to start spinning some of it myself...all her fibers are amazing.

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That is pretty. And very well spun too!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger DeltaDawn said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to try m ine - though it won't be anywhere near as exciting since it's plain tan....

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

I love that yarn! Nice yardage, too. Love it, love it, love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home