Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Shetland-Icelandic-Cormo Handspun

I traded with Valerie back in the Fall, I sent her some Taos fiber, she picked something from Rhinebeck. I sent her alpaca-silk, and she sent me this Shetland-Icelandic-Cormo blend.

Navajo-plied, 8 oz., two good sized skeins of worsted weight yarn.

Lovely, lovely color. Texture is pretty much Lopi-esque. It's interesting, while spinning it, I could tell when I hit a little fluffy bit of unblended Shetland or Cormo, and where it was blended with the Thel of the Icelandic, which gives it the Lopi-texture and the hairy factor

Very enjoyable to spin, and a very nice end yarn. It won't be great for next to the skin, but will be great for a myriad of other projects. End verdict: good! Just go into it knowing what type of wool you're spinning, and you'll love it.
Telebear: "Cat 48, Store in Freezer".

I couldn't resist taking this picture when I noticed the sign on the box. Of course he jumped in the box as soon as I brought it in, but it wasn't til a while later I noticed the sticker (and no, Cat 48 is not going in the freezer!).


8 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger mikomiao said...

Cat 48 in freezer! So cute! and such lovely, even spinning...

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Sue, aka seiding said...

With that look on his face, I think the Pine Nuts label adds quite a bit! That yarn is lovely, as usual, Sarah.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

That's a favorite color of mine, such a pretty yarn!

Look at the expression on that cat's face! He likes boxes huh? I wonder what cats are doing with boxes, insticntive lairs? Caves?

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger peri said...

Lovely yarn!

That sure looks like a mad kitty - very funny and cute.

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger DeltaDawn said...

Your yarn looks yummy - I may have to change my three-ply plans to navajo on my current brown wool...

I have box cats too - and that one looked like a Costco box - yes?

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

LOL the picture is so funny!!!

And as always lovely yarn!

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That yarn is very pretty. Lovely subtle colours.

What is it about cats and cardboard boxes that makes them so irresistible??? ;)

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger LaBean said...

teehee cute little kitty in the box. I'm loving the yarns you've spun up with the rovings Val sent. I've got to get back into more true rovings.. I've got a ton of top here now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home