Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day Nate!

I knit you another pair of socks! Standard sockies, stockinette, heel flap in a slip stitch rib, cuff down. I played with the stitch count in different places this time after analyzing the other socks I've knit you, hoping for a better, more perfect fit.

I'll have to go digging around a minute here to find out what yarn it was I used, but if you look really carefully, you'll notice that the toes are different. In my perpetual worry about not having enough yarn to finish I pulled a ball of old Trekking XXL (color 116 if you're looking for good boy sock yarn) that the cats chewed up over a year ago out, noticed it was quite matchy and made the toes from that!

The main color here is OnLine Supersocke Highland, color 841 . This was my second time using OnLine sock yarn, and I like it. Not as touchy feely soft while knitting as Trekking, but once it's washed it's really nice. It wears really well too. Exactly what I look for knitting up socks for Nate!
And yes, I've started the sock swap sockies with the pinky handspun for Lesley. I finished turning the heel on sock #1 last night! And, no surprise, but I love it. The mer-ten is soft, shiny, nice to knit, and the colors are gorgeous, exactly what I was hoping for.


7 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Verrrry Nice! :) Lucky guy! :)

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Magatha said...

Excellent Blue Socks!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Those look so comfy!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger bradyphrenia said...

great resourcefulness using the matchy trekking! the socks look really nice.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

Pretty....erm, I mean how handsome! :-)

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger peri said...

Oooo very nice manly sockies!

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous cathy said...

Nice socks.
Nice yarn.
Really nice hat.

(I'm catching up on things. I promise more content in my next comment :) )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home