Friday, February 16, 2007

Handspun Interlacements Friday Fiber-y Goodness

From a braid of Interlacements roving that I bought in Taos. I photographed the roving for one of the first fibery friday shoots, and there are a few pics Here of the raw roving.

It's a good worsted weight yarn, Navajo-plied to keep the color sequence intact.

Started with 8 oz of roving, and ended with two good sized skeins, though I'm getting lazy and not measuring the yardage lately!


I like the colors, the final yarn is soft, and quite sproingy. It was labeled only wool, so I'm not sure what breed of sheep it is, but I'm guessing a medium wool.


Spinning it, well, it was one of those really thick rovings. So I did predraft to separate the colors individually, even though I'm not a huge fan of the pre-draft anymore, it makes sense when you have a final color goal in mind sometimes!


And, as always, no plans for the finished yarn yet! It might be destined for something else...


Labels:

15 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger bensmumma said...

Gorgeous Sarah! Once again you've made pretty yarn!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Mmm, very pretty.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Whatever you make will be beautiful!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger String Bean said...

I love the colors! Some of my favorites. :D

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Your spinning just gets better and better all the time. I honestly looked at the first pic as it uploaded and muttered, "That's not handspun!" You're turning into a machine!

Gorgeous!!!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

I thought it was Lorna's at first. Forgive me! It is really beautiful. So you don't have something in mind for it yet. You'd have to measure it first, to get your yardage. How do you do that? Do you count how many winds around a specific size tool?

 
At 8:19 PM, Anonymous angela said...

I love yarn that is blue and green - they are my favorite colors. Beautiful, and it looks very sproingy.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Just gorgeous!! I agree with what Elizabeth said! Love the colors! :)

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

is sproingy an industry term? ;)
Love the yarn!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger peri said...

Mmmmmm totally lovely!

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Lori said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

 
At 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch out for your mail man !! He's bringing you lots of luvly jubly fibrey yarnie goodness....


Luv

Your SP8

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous cathy said...

Wow!
I am so impressed. I thought it was machine spun. Your work is so even and smooth! :)

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger D said...

Great job Sarah! I was thinking what Cathy said....looks machine made....so perfect!

Dani

 

Post a Comment

<< Home