Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Trekking 100 socks!

I think this might be my favorite color scheme/stripedy sequence of any commercial sock yarn I've worked with so far; something delights me so about the slight mis-matchiness of the stripes and the color changes.


Knit mostly in the car driving back and forth from CA over the holidays, simple stockinette socks (I can knit these unassisted by a pattern now!).
One ball of Trekking XXL color 100 sock yarn, US size 1 needles. I should have made the cuff a little longer, for I had about 20-25 g of yarn left.


If you haven't used Trekking yet, I'd recommend it. Soft enough to wear right off the needles, but feels more fuzzy than say, Regia, but with the same durability factor I'm guessing.



I'm working on the quiviut in earnest now to finish it up ASAP for Laura...the Christmas knitting is done, and I cast on only one new project, socks for Nate (so I have car knitting). I actually really want to ply this stuff, and see what the final yarn is like; I have high hopes!

Then, 2 hats. Then, I finish any WIP's I have lingering....both spinning and knitting-wise. Then, finally, start on new year's knitting!

(Oh, and I answered everyone's questions from yesterday's comments in a comment to that post!)

10 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous cathy said...

Nice :) That's always been one of my favorite colorways to look at.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ooo! Those are cool! I dig the random striping too. And that slight fuzz halo they have. I didn't realize Trekking had that effect!

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great colors! I'll have to keep an eye out for that one. I've not tried Trekking yet, but I think I'm going to have to!

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Fabulous color! And they look so comfy!

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger lekkercraft said...

lovely colors and beautiful knitting. they look so soft and comfy!

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the color. Beautiful work, as always!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger aija said...

They look great! That's my favorite trekking colorway.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Nice colorway there!! They do look very comfy! :)

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum. Trekking. Socks. What more could a girl ask for! The socks I made in that colorway are my favorite pair.

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those colors are so nice, your feet look nice and cozy. That little halo looks so warm, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home