Friday, January 19, 2007

Spunky Eclectic Handspun Friday!

The lovely Bryghtrose (Cathy) sent me a gorgeous hank of handpainted roving from Spunky Eclectic; so the other day when I needed to teach someone to spin, it happened to be the first fiber I grabbed.

There are a few areas that are thick and thin (I plied the bits that I let my friend try spinning on right into the yarn), but for the most part, it turned out pretty even. Balanced, soft, and pink!

*Sigh*. I got home literally 3 minutes too late to take advantage of the gorgeous New Mexico sun and it's effect on the yarn. Ah well. When one car is in the shop, and you're carpooling with your husband, you can't exactly create your own schedule. Next time...


Yarn Specs:
107 g./3.77 oz.
215 m./235 yds.
Worsted weight yarn, 2-ply (Z-spun singles S-plied)
Spunky Eclectic Handpainted Wool blend Roving, Canones Colorway
Verdict: Lovely!
The handpainted roving was in great condition. No felting, no color bleeding on my hands when I spun it. Fibers are I'd say a good overall medium wool, similar to BFL or Corriedale with a little less crimp than a small mill processed roving. I love the way the colors turned out in the end. Love that there are solid maroon bits, and bits of sunset twisted in. A pleasure to spin! Thanks Cathy!
(I'm trying my darndest to get the Quiviut done for next week's Fiber Friday!)


12 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger DeltaDawn said...

MMMMMMM - pretty! I love Spunky's colorways. Nice and soft looking.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Laura said...

so beautiful!

/me sighs at the pinkness.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That's beautiful - such a lovely range of colours. Very well spun too!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

* swoooooon* I love your yarns...

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Abigale said...

That first picture just made me go a bit weak at the knees - it's soooo pretty - love the range of colours - mmmmm pink!

:-)

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Lazuli said...

Oooh, how pretty! What a gorgeous effect the colors produce!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

OOOOHHHH. Very lovely. Your spinning just gets better and better.

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous cathy said...

So pretty :) Your spinning just keeps on getting better and better. htt

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

ohh that turned out lovely!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Wow, I'm not a pink person, but that's pretty!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Batty said...

It really is lovely.

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger SarahJanet said...

Gorgeous! Not sure when I became a person who sighs audibly over pink, and yet here I am. Nice work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home