Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Llama-silk Mom Scarf

Remember this and this? Well, this is what it became:


A lace scarf for Mom for Christmas. Now, I forgot to take photos of it before I gave it too her, but she took some and sent them to me!

I used a couple of lace motifs, one which looks like long flowing S curved lines, and one that looks like fountain sprays. I was aiming for a mountain river, with the quiet sections of calm water and the sprays of the rapids. Guess it depends on which way you look at it.


Mom with my neice (pink bunny yarn heart scarf!). Palm Springs winter, the garden still looks pretty good for January! And...that's on a cold day! Notice the ice from the bird bath?

6 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the shawl!!

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so pretty. I love the way you incorporated the two lace patterns, it worked really well.

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's really pretty! Lucky mom!

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous cathy said...

The scarf is just lovely. I like the two patterns you chose

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh very pretty!!! Next should be niece modeling her pink angora bunny scarf!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Abigale said...

Beautiful scarf - your mom's yard looks really really nice too.

You asked when and where I lived in UKland - I lived in Oxford from 97-02... I'd say it was a good experience, but very very difficult - culture electrocution for me;-)

Abi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home