Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

May 2007 be a wonderful one for everyone!


I've been lax lately in posting, holidays and all...trips to visit family, knitting for holiday gifts only, and really just general business. We went to CA for the break, and came home to snow! Well, we left with about an inch or two on the ground, but came home to around 6 inches!


The doggies love the snow, the river, and romping in general! They had a good trip to CA too, and we took Molly on her first hike, she loved it, and was pretty dang good for her first time off leash.


The mountains, white, and snowy, the sunset last night was divine. I really should have taken a picture. Pink and orange glowing on the white.

Anyways, I finished my gift knitting, forgot to photograph it too. So, the llama-silk wrap thing for mom, it turned out lovely, but alas, will not be seen. Same with the silk-mohair one for my aunt. Ah well.

I did finish a pair of socks mostly on the drive, and I'll post those tomorrow. Then, the quiviut shall be finished, then the 2 hats I owe a tele skier...then, who knows!

9 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you are happy with the shade of trekking you ended up with! (and that i did not lead you astray with the color number)

happy new year to you as well!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ohhh....gorgeous pictures.

Glad to hear your holidays went off without a hitch!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Abigale said...

Beautiful pictures! Glad you enjoyed your trip to CA - which part did you get to visit? I kinda miss the snow, but it's only a couple of hours to the mountains, if I really want to go and visit it I can. I do miss the mountains though.

 
At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Is the creek on your land? My husband and I had 80 acres that bordered the Mark Twain Natl Forest, and we had a creek that ran in front of our house. It was so pretty and serene!

Have a very happy new year Sarah! Hey, what type of spinning wheel do you have?

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Nancy J said...

*sigh* the san juans (n'est-ce pas?)...miss seeing them out my window. glad you had an excellent holiday.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I do like the Trekking I ended up with, KG, and nope, you didn't lead me astray!

Bez, well, there were some hitches...but I'm not really talking about that stuff here...heh.

Abi, we visited Palm Springs area, where my parents live.

Kay, yep, the creek (aka La Plata River) is on our land...we love it so...to have water in the southwest is truly a treat! I have a Fricke 160-DT spinning wheel, which I love!

Nancy...yep, the La Plata range of the San Juan mountains! I adore them so. Nothing better than a mountain view with snow!

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great photos! I'm hoping this time next year we'll be living somewhere with a view of snow capped mountains ;)

Have a great 2007, may it bring you everything you could wish for.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Laura said...

SNOW!

I love pretty snow. (I hate dirty icky snow and snow on the roads.)

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Gorgeous views!! Wow!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home