Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Sparkle Llama

In Between spinning the quiviut (which I'm still spinning...it just takes a long time to get perfect!) I spun this:


I like to call it Sparkle Llama. 70% llama/alpaca, 15% Shetland wool, and 15% firestar nylon (for the sparkle!).

CIMG3666
Oh, and all these smaller pics...go ahead and click them for bigger pics on Flickr!

CIMG3654
I bought about 5 oz of this from Camp Verde Llamas at the Pagosa Springs Fiber Festival. Really a nice seller, if you're interested in her fiber, I can get you that info.

CIMG3656
There will be two skeins when I'm done, I still need to ply and skein the second. This skein is 64g, the second will be 80g.

CIMG3650
Easy to spin, well prepared roving, the first time I've spun a camelid-wool blend, and I really like it! The Shetland gives a nice bounce and elasticity to the final yarn that it wouldn't otherwise have.

CIMG3675
This last pic was taken inside and if you click for a bigger detail, you can see the sparkles better here!

Yarn specs, Skein 1 of Sparkle Llama:
64g/2.25 oz
151 m/165 yds
Sport/DK weight 2-ply, 14-15 WPI
S-spun, Z-plied

10 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Woo!!! Muted Disco Llama!!! Sparkly without being obnoxiously so!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger LaBean said...

OOOH very nice! will you dye it? I'd like to see the nylon light up!!

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous angela said...

Hi, love the Disco Llama! Very pretty!!! I just saw your post about a knitting group that meets the 2nd Monday of every month. Is that still going on? If it is would I be welcome to drop by?
Thanks!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

angela,

Send me your email address!

Knitting group...well, since the FiberWorks studio opened in Durango we've moved there.

Every Tuesday night from 5-8 ish is open studio/community night there and anyone is welcome to come knit, spin, weave, felt, crochet!

-Sarah.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

wohoo for sparkle yarn!!!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger mikomiao said...

gorgeous! i love this yarn. it's so subtly beautiful. lovely spinning

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I like the very subtle hint of sparkle! Very nice!

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Sarah, it is just beautiful!

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous cathy said...

Soft and sparkly- very girly.
Did the seller do the blending?

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Magatha said...

Really spectacular!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home