Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Ribbons

Ribbons from the skein competition at the Best of the Southwest Fiber Festival. I submitted three skeins, and three skeins came back with ribbons. Two blues and one red (blue is first in the category and red is second).


It was my first time submitting anything I've made to a competition. I was a little nervous. I mean I like my handspinning, but who knows if other, more experienced people do?


I submitted a silk-rayon-wool blend, a Suffolk cross wool 2-ply, and a skein of CVM cross that I spun from a Taos fleece (all already posted on the blog in the last few months).


I wonder what the judges said, thought. I wish they left comments on the sheets for me to read...tips, what I did right and wrong. Next time I think I'll stick around for the judging part so I can hear it.

The fleece judging was very insightful, and I'm sure the skein judging was also. I'm a little disappointed that the garments and the fleeces all had comments on the judging sheets, but the skeins didn't. But really, I would have been more disappointed if the skeins came back with nary a bow, right?

14 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous cathy said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful :)

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Congratulations! Good for you.
I agree, it would have been good to have had some feedback from the judges. Even when you win it's nice to know why, and for those that don't win how can they improve without knowing where they went wrong?

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Ceallach said...

Very nice. I have not entered skeins anywhere, but maybe I should. We have a couple that routinely enter skeins in all the shows, and take ribbons.

 
At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wohoooooo congrats!
that is great! But we already knew how wonderfull you spin!
Way to go!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Woo hoo! Way to go! And you really haven't been spinning that long either have you????

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Congratulations!!!! That is SO exciting - a ribbon winner :)

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous the kitchener bitch said...

Congratulations! I'm not at all surprised to learn that your skeins came back festooned with ribbons... I'm sure they were most deserving of them!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Congrats on winning the ribbons! Yes, feedback would have been good so you'd know something!

Yay! :)

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you won! You spin beautifully!

 
At 3:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. You spin so well,they all should have been blue ribbons!!!!

:-)

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Nik said...

wow. congrats hon.

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And Well Done!

You're in the groove baybee!

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger OldLadyPenPal said...

Sarah, congratulations! Those look woooonderful, and darn it all if Brutus doesn't make me want a bunny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home