Friday, December 08, 2006

Musings on a Motif

Sorry no Fiber Friday! I went this AM to take pics, and....Nate had snagged the camera. And alas all the photos on my zip drive had already been used recently. Next week, OK?

So...last night I started working on a hat. A hat for an archaeologist...in orange for field safety during hunting season....and gray. And I wanted a Fair Isle type motif to go with it.


So I thought, why not chart out a petrogylph or two...and went through some photos from river trips. These guys stood out to me.


The bighorn sheepies. So, I'll work up a chart and try it tonight I think.


And overview pic of the San Juan river (Monument Valley in the far distance) where these petroglpyhs were seen.

Cute? Archaeologist-y enough? I'd like it...

Happy weekend everyone!

9 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Yeah, definitely cute. If I was an archaeologist I'd think it was fab :)

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

will you share the graph when you make it? I think every archaeologist (and student) needs a rockin' hat.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I think that's a great idea!! If you get a good looking bighorned sheep out of that you'll have to make sure you provide a pattern! As much as I hate colorwork, hubby does love the big horned rams!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Can't wait to see the charting you come up with! :) Cool pics! :)

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Oooo, I look forwardd to seeing them! Especially the field orange and gray - it's hunting season here too.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Lazuli said...

I think that sounds like a great idea!

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger LaBean said...

Nate you camera theef! heehee. Nice glyphs. I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

love the little guy next to the sheep too!
go for it.
can't wait to see the finishe d product!I made a hat with runes on it once.. love the way it looks...

 
At 8:11 AM, Anonymous cathy said...

I think that would make a great hat. I can't wait to see the finished object.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home