Monday, December 18, 2006

Fondant socks!

Sweet Georgia Yarns, Superwash sock yarn in the "Fondant" colorway.

Pink and blue...not the colors I would have picked for myself necessarily, but it was a gift that I recieved in a trade. In the end though, I like the fun socks, they are only socks after all....so the bright colors work!


Simple cuff down plain old sock pattern. How I like my socks pretty much these days...


Started around Thanksgiving when we were remodeling the bathroom, in fact a significant portion of sock 1 was knitting in Lowe's!

We're supposed to get snow tonight and tomorrow, our first big storm of the winter! I'm of course hoping for a lot!

11 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute, cheerful socks! Good Job!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Lovely colors!! Nice work there! I need to make some simple socks soon!! Need a break! :) Stay warm!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

WOO!! Fondant!!! Delicious to eat, delicious to knit!

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous cathy said...

pretty socks :)

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are so pretty. I love the blue. The only socks I have ever knitted have been plain old ss.

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous the kitchener bitch said...

I like 'em! Bright colorful socks are good for the soul - even for us earth-tone types.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger LaBean said...

You and your snow ;). Very bright and pretty socks!

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love the colors, so cheery for the short winter days.

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they're nice and cheerful and perfect for winter. As you say, you can put all sorts of wild colors on your feet that you might not wear on other parts of your anatomy.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger String Bean said...

Love the socks! Everyone needs a pair of brightly colored socks.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

They are lovely. That's one of the things I love about socks - you can knit with colours you'd never knit a bigger garment in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home