Friday, December 01, 2006

Fiber Friday gifties

Scroll down for the fiber goodness...

From Susann in Germany, a trade for sock yarn and she surprised me with the best thing ever, a Kinder Egg Advent Calendar! I adore this...


And the sock yarn! A little ball of Raime top for me to spin too; I've never spun this, it feels similar to the bamboo top I have.


Valerie and I traded Rhinebeck/Taos fiber, 8 oz. of Shetland-Cormo-Icelandic, and she sent some amazingly beautiful handyed superwash merino too!


And, Bezzie sent me this ball of SWTC bamboo yarn and a gorgeous handmade button for winning her blog contest! Look how well the bamboo goes with the Mountain Sunset handspun. Perfect for a coordinating accesories set.


And now, what you've come for on Fiber Friday...the pics!


Handspun with the bamboo...


Mmmm, bamboo!


Valerie's handyed merino! I love the way this turned out Valerie, thanks so much for the birthday gift!


And a happy weekend to all.

9 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

Lucky you! What great stuff. I love that advent calendar. Why is it that you can only ever find those crappy thin cardboard ones in the states? This morning I was seriously thinking of finding or making a wooden advent calendar and each year using molds to make different chocolates for every day. How fun (and much more satisfying) would that be?

That merino is superb. The colors are perfect for winter. Can't wait to see how it spins up.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

So freakin' pretty all the way around!

Here's a dumb question though: What is raime? I see that listed in sweater fibers all the time and I always scratch my head. Guess I need to google it huh?

Wow, that bamboo and button match your handspun perfectly. I remember when you did that. When I saw the button especially it screamed "Sarah!"

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I love the shot of the bamboo with the bit of it pulled out. Very cool.

I wish I were able to get that kind of daylight. It gets early so damn fast here now that I can't get home in time to do it after work. I tried going mine this morning before work but it was overcast and rainy so it didn't work as well. I need to do all my pr0n photography on the weekends I guess!

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous the kitchener bitch said...

all sorts of yummy goodness! You gotta love Kinder eggs. You can get them in the US but the toys aren't nearly as good as the German ones.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Laura said...

gimme gimme gimme!

:D

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

sa-weet! I'll have to try bamboo some day! :)

 
At 3:49 AM, Anonymous Susann said...

You know you're killing me because you didn't say what was in the first egg, right? I'm happy that you like my little surprise.

I used to have an advent calendar that my mom embroidered. There were little rings attached and for every day she hung something small on it. I still have it somewhere.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Yummy fibery goodness! Nice pr0n!! :)

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Fantastic stuff! One thing I miss from Germany is Kinderueberraschung. I drool just looking at it.

And the yarn... and the roving... and...

*drools*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home