Friday, November 10, 2006

Today's Fiber Friday brought to you by...

Handspun Mockking XXL sock yarn and a ball of KnitPicks Essential Solid sock yarn!

The handspun:


With the KnitPicks:


And together they shall be:


Little socks for me! The cuff, heel and toe to be knit from the purple, the rest from the handspun. I had only purchased 3 oz of the superwash roving, and ended up with about 260 yds of it. So, in order to make socks, I needed to add something. And, the KnitPicks is perfect! The purple matches the purple areas in the yarn perfectly.


I finished Nate's socks (pair 2) last night...those will be on the blog Monday.

And, for my birthday tomorrow, I'm hanging out at the Best of the Southwest Fiber Festival all day! Spinning with my guild! What a great birthday for me, huh?

11 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Anonymous cathy said...

Pretty socks. The KP is a great color match to your handspun.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Great socks - they are going to be awesome with that combo!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Breathtaking sock yarn you made there! Do you have the Knit Picks color card, or just luck out that it was such a good match?

Have a great birthday!

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous knittingkitty said...

The purple looks great!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Magatha said...

The handspun is gorgeous!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

What a great idea doing the cuff, heel and toe in purple! Those are going to look great!

Happy early birthday! I'll be at my first fiber event tomorrow too and will definately be thinking of you! ;-)

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger bradyphrenia said...

ooh purty.

happy birthday!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger LaBean said...

Woohoo Sarah!! I love when you can match a solid to a variegated!! And, if I don't see you in chat tomorrow before you head out the door, Have a GREAT Time at the Fiber Festival and Happy Birthday!!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Happy Birthday!!! Have fun tomorrow!

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Abigale said...

Beauty socks Sarah! I just started my Trekkingesque handspun socks (first handspun socks for me). Our colorways are even slightly similar! I can't wait to see how yours come out - great idea to use the commercial sock yarn to make the yarn go far enough for your socks.

Abi

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Those are looking great! Good way to use your lovely handspun! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home