Tuesday, November 21, 2006

(mostly) Handspun Socks

Handspun Mockking XXL sockyarn knit up with contrasting purple KnitPicks sock yarn for the heels, toes and cuffs.


This pic ^ is true to color, no flash (the other two pics are slightly more blue due to the flash).


This was the quickest pair of socks I've knit to date...I'm no Yarn Harlot who can knit a sock a day! I think it took me 5 days of knit time to finish them. I guess I just don't have as much knit time in my day as some of the uber-knitters out there.


Guess what I'm wearing today?

I love these socks. Maybe my favorite pair I've made yet. The colors are very me, the handspun makes them cooler than the commercial sockyarn, since they're one of a kind, and I love that they match but don't.

Knit on US 1s, about 9 st to the inch for a nice stiff fabric. Good thing I had the purple cause they would have been anklets if I didn't do the second color! This is something I'll need to keep in mind for future socks, the cuff/toe/heel thing.

And, I need to take pics of the lovely package Bezzie sent, but alas I had to run this morning, and sock pics were the only thing on my mind!

20 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh those are beautiful!!

Five days is still faster than me!

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous the kitchener bitch (purrl) said...

Those are gorgeous! And that's a hell of a lot faster than I would have made them. Nice!

By the way, I really like those shoes...

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

They are gorgeous!!!

And I'm with KB - cute shoes!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Those look great!

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Susann said...

Those are so beautiful! The colours are just gorgeous!

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger bradyphrenia said...

your socks are beeyooteeful. i love them!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Laura said...

What cool socks! Your Mocking XXL is wonderful! I like how it stripes.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Love them!! Love the colors and the shoes aren't bad either ;)

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love your socks! And I love your shoes.

I knit socks around other projects, so they take me a while. They're always on the back burner and a just pull them out for knitting group and other times when I need some filler.

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Melissa said...

They look awesome! So professional. I'm still a sock-newbie. Someday, right?

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Sner said...

These look amazing. I am very jealous. My boybeast has requested handspun socks but I told him I needed a wheel first because doing that much three ply yarn on a spindle would probably end our relationship (the wheel is now the agreed upon Xmas gift).

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

Most excellent! Well done ....

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Very cool! I love the mock trekking effect you created. YOu spinning genius you!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

I love 'em! Damn, they do look like Trekking.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger merlinthecat said...

Those are sweet!!!

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous cathy said...

Very well done!

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous LaBean said...

wow Those look fantastic! Funny, though on my screen the two bottom pics actually look like the heel is purple.. so either way I get a good idea of how they look!! cuff/heel/toe..good to remember..

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger aija said...

They looks great!! I think handspun socks are the best thing ever.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger spinndiva said...

am I slow or what?
but better late then never: I love the collour of those socks and the fact that the heel is a different collour!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger roxy ^-o-^ said...

Hey I'm even later on the bandwagon, but those socks are AWESOME!!!


:D


Great job!


*hugs*

AnneMarie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home