Thursday, November 02, 2006

Handspun llama-silk to....

Remember this?
CIMG3427
Handspun llama-silk that my spinning SP sent me?

Well, mom commented on the blog that she'd like a lacey wrap with it. So I started working on one for her. Since I didn't have a ton of yardage, it seemed that a rectangular wrap, wider than a scarf but narrower than a shawl would work.

I found a couple of nice lace motifs I thought would work well together and started.
CIMG3428
A traveling vine type design...

And a pointelle arch design...
CIMG3431

I'm working them at different intervals through the wrap, and liking how it looks so far. I'm estimating by the amount of yarn left, I'm about 2/3 done with it.
CIMG3433
(again, click the pic for a larger view)

I hope you like it mom!

Oh, and I tried the crockpot scouring method for washing some locks of the CVM fleece last night...so far so good. If it truly makes combing the locks out easy and with little to no waste, it will be worth the bundling effort. (you can see it here).

4 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I like mom's wrap. I can't wait to see it blocked!

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous cathy said...

Lovely. That is one of my favorite lace motifs

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That's so pretty, and lovely colours. Can't wait to see the finished product!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

ooh shiney! Your mom is lucky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home