Wednesday, November 01, 2006

FYFS 2006!

(aka Flash Your Fiber Stash 2006!)

Here goes (and remember to click the pics today for big images of fluff):

First, general view of one half of the fiber room:
CIMG3425

And, the other half:
CIMG3423

The random fibers:
CIMG3422
Top left-clockwise: Cashmere-soysilk blend, Tussah silk, Bamboo (from Laura!), and Paradise Fibers microblends Yak-wool-silk in evergreen.

Goat fluff:
CIMG3417
In the back, 1st clip kid mohair from Carolyn (the unspun half), and Cashgora from Skaska designs.

Prepped Wools, part 1:
CIMG3416
The gray is a ball of Corriedale from a sheep named Sabrina in MI that I traded Debbie on the boards for, the white next to that is some Merino top, then the quasi-felted pain-in-the-butt-to-draft Churro, and some Corrie-cross top.

Prepped Wools, part 2:
CIMG3415
The lovely colored rovings that Laura sent, along with a small gray ball of local Churro, and some gray merino from CeallachKnits.

Fleece samples:
CIMG3413
White Coopworth from merlinthecat and some purpley-red Debouillet from CK.

Camelids:
CIMG3411
Tri-colored alpaca roving, a lb. of lovely cinnamon Suri alpaca locks, then two balls of 75% llama, 15% shetland and 10% sparkle, a bag of black alpaca fluff (also from spinny SP), and then the amazing Suri alpaca roving from my SP Sasha.

Details of the above:
CIMG3412
Both of these are Taos purchases. I really can't wait to spin them. Lately I've been really loving natural colored fiber, and these have the best of color combined with alpaca!

British rare breeds wool sampler:
CIMG3410
Kristen put this together and we split it; so far I've only spun one up. 13 different breeds of rare wools. Washed fleece samples. This is also a very cool thing!

Fleece 1:
CIMG3407
CVM fleece from Taos.

Fleece 2:
CIMG3406
CVM/Corriedale cross fleece from Taos.

Partial Fleece:
CIMG3408

So, there you have it.

My fiber stash.
I think I need to get spinning, eh?

9 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous the kitchener bitch said...

That is one big stash, Sarah! I love the soysilk/cashmere -- that sounds so intriguing. Can't wait to split those gorgeous Taos fleeces with you either! :)

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How nice to see other people "store" their fleece in bags on top of boxes and things! ;)

It looks like a lot, but they way you spin, you'll probably have nothing to do by next Thursday!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger merlinthecat said...

Thats a ton of wool!!!! I you thought I don't have the time :)

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous cathy said...

What a stash! I want touch-o-vision right now! I love the idea of using wire mesh shelves as storage. I think I have to get me a few of those.

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm DROOL !!


Angela

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Ruby's Daughter said...

Wow! A Fiber Room! You rock.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Holy crap. Didn't you just learn how to spin after Christmas this year? Wow.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Abigale said...

Want some help spinning all that up? I selflessly volunteer my services!

Great stash - great pics, I want to come play at your house!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Holy crap. I'm not a spinner, but I have this weird urge to roll around in all your luscious fiber!!! So pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home