Friday, November 17, 2006

Fiber Friday--Spunky Eclectic Roving!

Today's Fiber Friday post is brought to you by the lovely Cathy/Bryghtrose! She sent me this beautiful braid of wool roving from the talented dyer Spunky Eclectic as a birthday gift when I mentioned that I wanted to branch out into some different colors in my spinning.


The colorway is Canyones, and Cathy said it reminded her of the pics of the mesas I post from time to time! I really love it, even though it is different from the normal colors I buy, I can see myself loving this when the yarn is spun.


Spinning-wise I'm working hard on finishing Laura's quiviut, which should be done soon.


Knitting-wise, I finished the first purple and handspun sock, and if I say so myself, it's awesome! Can't wait til the pair is done so I can wear them!


Blog-wise, sorry I haven't been posting as often or commenting as much, this week has been crazy busy. I'll try to catch up soon!

6 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Knit Mongrel said...

Man that's some stunning yarn.. and the pictures of it are fantastic!! Happy YPF!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

I love your roving braids in the wild pics! That is gorgeous and I can't wait to see it spun! :)

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous LaBean said...

Beautiful roving, and well-deserved by you. Enjoy it!!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I think the roving will make gorgeous yarn. Have fun.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Ooh, that will make lovely yarn. Wonderful colours. Can't wait to see it all spun up.

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Magatha said...

Absolutely lovely! Gosh, I just want to hold it!

I am so envious of your fiber groups. None such things would or could ever exist where I live.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home