Friday, November 03, 2006

Fiber Friday- handspun yarn gifts.

The yarn I love the most. The stuff I crave to knit, to think of things made of, is of course handmade yarn. Made by hand, not machine. Not perfect, but more lovely because of it. Each skein the only one of it's kind.

Today's Fiber Friday installment is handspun yarn, 2 skeins given to me by other Knitty spinners.

CIMG3453
The purple is Rambouillet from Kristen, and the beige is baby alpaca from Bridget.

CIMG3469
(Flickr pics, so you can click and make these as big as you want to really see that fiber...)

CIMG3463
I was playing with some wool last night, spun a little more....but was distracted by the new IK mag. that was in the mail yesterday.

CIMG3462
I'm really liking most of the sweaters in this issue. I'm now torn between knitting Samus or the Jacket for Arwen in the new IK for the next sweater.

CIMG3473
The Aran yarn I have would work for either.

CIMG3472
Lovely yarn. Thanks Kristen and Bridget!

Happy Friday!

6 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous the kitchener bitch said...

Awww. Beautiful photos! You make my spinning look better than it is!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Beautiful! I can see way the handspun is a favorite.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

And here I thought the post before this one was for YPF. Wow!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I saw Arwen and almost abandon my plans to knit Seamus. But I can't stand hooded sweaters (and I'm too lazy to modify the pattern).

That Rambouillet reminds me of some Peace Fleece I coveted long ago...mmmmmm.....

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Lovely!! I just love seeing handspun!! Enjoy using it! :)

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

The purple and blue is stunning and I love the color of the alpaca, even though I am allergic. I can certainly look at it!
I had to look "Rambouillet" up in the dictionary. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home