Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Taos!

Some pics now of the actual Wool Festival!


The fleece judging tent.


The Grand Champion Fleece! This was a gorgeous, clean pure black and white CVM fleece.


View over to some of the animals, and the park. Fall in Taos, and NM in general is really lovely.


Happy to have bought fiber!
My first 2 fleeces came home with me, A CVM, and a CVM-Corriedale cross!
The CVM-Corrie will be my first spin-knit a jacket for me. It's an amazing natural coffee color.


And....a little NM scenery for ya. The Brazos cliffs between Tierra Amarilla and Taos.

7 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

oooh pretty! And check out that bag of fiber! Wow woman!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

CVM. Yummy. Sounds like it was a great festival.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Ceallach said...

Oh! You will love the CVM!

And look at you looking sexy while holding a stinky foul greasy fleece! You go!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Abigale said...

Beautiful scenery! Gorgeous fleeces.

The CVM that I got from Little Barn is sooo soft, almost cottony feeling - very different from anything I've tried before, can't wait to dye it up and spin it. I see more of it in my future that's for sure. Not as much as you've got though!

Looks like you had a great time.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

Wow, look at that winning fleece! Lovely mountains!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger spinndiva said...

* melt* oooohhhh I wish I could have gone with you! But its a date for next year!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Lazuli said...

Looks like a fun festival, with gorgeous scenery!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home