Wednesday, October 04, 2006

New and Old

The new spin:


Three Bags Full/Crosspatch Creations batts...


Color: "Gwen and her Daughter"


Purchased from Carolina Homespun. So far I have mixed feelings about these batts. I love the combination of silk and wool (heavy on the silk). I love the colors in the batts....but I'm not liking the look of the colors on the bobbin that much. I really have high hopes for the ply with this one!


The Old.


I started knitting this cardigan back in March! Now she's even further along than in these pics. Blocked. Ends Woven. Shoulders grafted. Collar knitted on then blocked.



All I need to do is sew her up! Then I'll have a new sweater for fall!

I've also started a new pair of socks for Nate. And have been working on the quiviut for Laura.....but, what am I really excited about?

Taos Wool Festival this weekend!

7 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Those batts look interesting. How are you going to ply the yarn?

Congrats on the cardigan!

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous rose said...

I love the crosspatch creations rainbow roving, but I've only used one and it was a solid color (copper king). I love the hand of the fiber.
Hopefully this will work out for you.

Have fun at Taos. I expect to see lots of pictures and be made wonderfully jealous of your amazing fiber purchases :)

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Abigale said...

Nice cardy! Lovely to be able to contemplate an almost FO - and I'm curious too as to what you're going to do for the plying stage of the Crosspatch Creations.

I've used one of their Totally Tubular kits - and while it was fun, The batts in it were all quite neppy - made a very interesting textured yarn.

And thanks for leaving the comment about wanting to go home and spin after seeing my latest blog posting. My first thought? I have assimilated the assimilator!!! Mwahhahahahaha

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Magatha said...

Those batts remind me of clouds and rainbows, sundogs, you know!
They mix together kind of grayish, (or maybe like pastel candy)? Usually that is the result in clouds too. :-)
That sweater looks so warm, soft and flat out comfortable!
I haven't been to Taos since the mid '90s when I car toured the entire four corners area. Have a good time!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Maybe if you ply the singles with something different, with a strong presence, you'll like the result better. I like the batts, but I can imagine that it would all just go kind of bland when spun.

Isn't it fun to finish a new sweater from last year? Like getting something for almost nothing!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

"Gwen and her Daughter"? Umm...so Apple?

Lovely cardigan. And have fun at Taos. Sigh. My Alaskan knitting columnist wrote about how wonderful it was when she went...sigh.

 
At 6:53 AM, Anonymous LaBean said...

*faints* the silk blend is OMG... I love Gwen and her daughters... Beautiful!! I can't wait to see this plied. Yay for new sweaters! I'm trying on Sizzle for size as we speak.. still needs armhole trim and that's it!

Go TAOS!!! Woooooooooooooo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home