Monday, October 30, 2006

Fiber Works Guild Meeting

This Saturday we had the last guild meeting of the year (there is a holiday dinner, and the Fiber fest coming up and some other events) but this was the last official meeting.

The group:

I'm on the top right there, next to my friend Alyssa (who's 13 and spent the weekend with us, she already knits, so what else was I to do, I had to teach her to spin too!)

I took some photos of the Fiber Works Studio, which opened in May in Durango. It really is a cool place, in fact I signed up to take a class this coming Saturday...


Some of the fiber availible. All the fiber is local; one on the main purposes of the studio is to give local people a place to sell fiber and encourage people to raise animals for not only food, but fiber too. I'd say 50% of this is Churro, in about 6 colors, and I saw Icelandic, Rambouillet, Columbia, Llama, angora, alpaca, some nice batts of angora-alpaca blend, and my temptation, a 75% Churro 25% llama blend roving....I really want to try some of this.


A corner with looms, and weaving supplies.


More fiber and fiber prep stuff.


Some of the woven and felted pieces for sale by the artists; they also sell yarn....handspun and millspun from local animals.


And I couldn't resist. A sleeping cat trifecta. Tele on top, Clyde in the middle, Dory on the bottom. I love that my pets all get along.

10 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I wanna go shop in that store !!!

You just cant find fibre stores here that sell anything other than merino or the bog standard 64s wool tops, its not fair ! I want romney & cormo & targee & rambo & & & & & & & & & & ... ok ill calm myself now. But im always gonna be green with envy !


Angela

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Ceallach said...

Ohhhhh, kitties..!

What a cool place, I wish I had something like that near me. I mean near me, not 45 minutes away.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Wow - what a great shop!

And that kitty picture is just too cute!

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous rose said...

I wanna shop there!

Very Cute Overload kitty pic. :)

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

Nice! And what a great looking group of fellow fiberists.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger monkeemaven said...

KITTY THREESOME!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

I *so* want to go and stick my face into those kitty bellies! That truly is cute overload.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Can we trade lives? Just for a day or two.

That's one of the cutest kitty pictures ever to appear anywhere.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That looks like a great place. Wish we had something like that near here, I'd definitely learn to spin if we did.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Woah! Look at all that fluffy goodness--both the various fibers and the kitties!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home