Friday, October 06, 2006

Fiber Friday RAK!

A lovely batch of tri-colored alpaca! Given to me by thistlerain (alas no blog to link to...) from the Knittyboards. Thank-you M! I love it!

A skein of her handspun cream alpaca nestled in a bed of lovely black alpaca for me to spin...



A ball of dark brown handspun alpaca with some tree apples...



A little more cream please...



But the cream nestled in the black fluff really seems to be a favorite...



So soft.



I'm definitely wanting to do a small Fair Isle project with my tri-colored tri of alpaca!

And, I think I'll pair it with the lovely light tan handspun alpaca that Spin gave me. Ah.

Now if only those little camelids weren't so expensive!

Off to Taos Wool Fest tomorrow, can't wait!

(Oh yeah, and Nate's football team won the game 42-6 yesterday, musta been that new cheer...)

9 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Mmm...fiber on fiber action!

 
At 9:03 AM, Anonymous rose said...

Pretty alpaca. I love the brown ball with the apples. Such classic fall colors

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Magatha said...

My cup runneth over! Every day is yarn pron day at Sarah's house!

I like the cream in the black too.

So loverly!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh pretty. I think that'd make a great Fair Isle combination.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

that looks sooo soft! Beautiful!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

If I were a cat, I'd just curl up in that alpaca and nap. Congrats on the game!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Yummy!!! Lovely fiber..haha..that Bezzie!!

I love YPF!!!

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

Can't wait to hear about the Taos festival...and that yarn, so soft and yummy. I suddenly desire a Mocha.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger OldLadyPenPal said...

Oh how I wish I'd made it to Taos!
Mebbe next year.
And ooooh that yarn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home