Friday, October 27, 2006

FF Handspun Randomness

Ah. Since I'm working on the quiviut still and have no new handspun this week, and the weather was cold and dark this morning so photo opportunities were limited, this weeks Friday fiber installment is handspun, but not yet knit.


Ah, the lovely yarn spun from the batts my spining SP sent me, the green Rambo(uillet). Still want to knit a hat with you...I remember how nicely you spun...


The honey-mead alpaca I sent to Elizabeth as an early birthday gift. I can't wait to see what she knits with this! Hmmm, maybe it'll be something really cool, and she'll publish the pattern, and I can knit it too.....


Single on the bobbin from the Mountain Sunset yarn. It warms me up just looking at the colors. Also needs a final knitted destination, any suggestions?


And the teaser samplers from my two Taos fleeces...so inspiring. I have enough of each of these for a BIG project! And I love working from raw fleece through to the yarn, it's very meditative. Even if I wash a pound a week and comb a handful of locks every day it will be done in a year...really not that daunting after all.

7 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Ceallach said...

I am soooo jealous of your spinning time!

I could spin too if DD did not bend my orifice hook, lean against my drive wheel or stick her fingers into either the moving drive wheel or the moving flyer, both of which bite badly, making me stop to give her booboo for comfort....

Booboo is her word for boobies!

BOOBIES!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Abigale said...

Only a year - yeah - not daunting at all! I would not be able to keep up the momentum... But then again, I'm still planning on trying to get my Log Cabin done (queen size bedspread on size 3 needles) So yeah, have fun with it!

The Sunset could make a nice hat, or earwarmers. Just my .02

Beautiful stuff! I especially love the green Rambouillet.

Have fun with it all!

Abi

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

It's all beautiful, I can't pick a favorite.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I finally gave Mead her bath last night and now she's dry and ready to go to work. I introduced her to some nice chocolate brown alpaca I got at the Great Midwest Alpaca Fest in April and they seem to get along so well, I think I'll make the union permanent.

I'm thinking of a vest with the chocolate brown as the main color and some fair isle patterning in Mead. But maybe that would be too warm. But maybe not in Wisconsin. No such thing as too warm around here.

Sometimes it's hardest for me to use my most special yarns, because I'm reluctant to choose one idea. Committing to one thing precludes all the others. Alas alack.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I agree with Elizabeth! I still have your green llama that I take out and sniff from time to time. It's so hard to make a decision as to what to knit!

Loving your Taos stuff!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Fabulous!! Lovely, yummy yarns there! Every one!

I am interested to know though, just how much (size wise) is the Taos fleece...are we talking bags of it? Will it take that long since you have to process it before you spin it? Just curious!! :)

 
At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Dipsy D. said...

I'm absolutely impressed by your spinning, these yarns looks so luscious and soft and yummy - really divine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home