Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Suri Love Scarf

I love the scarf. Hate the photos. Cloudy morning, cold in my head, and pics not so nice. I shall attempt to re-shoot tonight/tomorrow morning and get nice ones for us to see.

But, just to get an idea of what she looks like, the elusive Suri:


Of end-weaving purgatory!


Lots of stripes equals lots of ends! I mean, I knew this, but I didn't really know how many ends there would actually be. 108 total. woo.

Of course you could totally knit them in as you go. Which I started to do, then stopped, then noticed it looked the same after blocking! ah.

The dark brown is handspun Suri llama. I only had about an ounce and a half of it, and really wanted to do something nice to show her off. The KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud went oh so nice with the dark brown Suri, and a simple lace with a lotta stripes sounded good to me!

So, I'll re-shoot and put nice pics up soon. In the meantime, let me know if you'd like the pattern. I can write it up and put it up as a freebie!

13 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

heya sarah I love the pattern !

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

A ha! So that's what Suri Cruise looks like!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Megan said...

How pretty! I love it.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger stringthing said...

i like, i like. i wonder if it would look as nice in one color? or three?

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

It's beautiful!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I remember you mentioning you were knitting a striped lace scarf and I was wondering what on earth it would end up looking like--it looks great!

Hope you get lots of hits from people looking for Suri Cruise pictures! Ha ha!

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Ceallach said...

mmmmmmmmm

Suriiiiiiii

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Kate said...

yummy scarf- looks like a great pattern

 
At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Dipsy D. said...

Wow, this turned out absolutely fantastic, I so love the pattern and the colors you've been using! Great job!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That's beautiful - and well worth all the sewing in of the all those ends ;)

 
At 4:45 AM, Anonymous the kitchener bitch said...

Bellissimo! I love it!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

That looks super soft and delicate, but also substantial and warm. Nice!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

That is so soft looking! Nice work! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home