Thursday, September 21, 2006

Mountain Sunset

Being the spinner that I am, when the last part of my order from Paradise Fibers came in yesterday, I had to start spinning it. I couldn't resist. The lure of color! Of Blue Faced L.! So, here we go again!



I believe this colorway is called Harvest Sunset (from their Rhapsodies line). I like to call it Mountain Sunset...purples, oranges, red.....



My goal was to spin medium lengths of color. So I split the roving once vertically down the whole length, and drafted each section of color for an individual color spin...



This is half spun up as a single. I'm planning on spinning the other half on another bobbin, in the same color sequence and ply back the two bobbins together, trying to keep the colors somewhat in line, and hoping for a slight amount of barber pole effect....but not 100% barber pole. We shall see! I ordered 5 oz of this...and they sent me 6.7! Nice Paradise Fibers!



Ye olde second handspun sock. Still knitting these...finished the gusset decreases on the second, so I can knit the foot at Nate's football game this afternoon. Go Heights Knights!

And yep, I was spinning the white Cormo. But got sucked in by color again....seems that the spin sucks me in, then the combo of amazing color sucks me in deeper. As I bypassed the almost full Cormo bobbin last night in favor of this! Ah well, what can you do?

4 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous the kitchener bitch said...

Nice! What kind of ply are you going to use? If you go Navajo your color sequences will be shorter but you'll be able to preserve those gorgeous individual colors...

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Lazuli said...

I actually said "ooh!" out loud when I saw those colors - beautiful, and a great name for them!

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

All that cool sock needs is one night of TV viewing to finish.

Wow, I love the new spin! WooHoo! Fiery goodness!

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Nice colors there!! Sock is looking great! :) Yeah, I think you like the blues! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home