Monday, September 11, 2006

Mockking XXL

Or mock Trekking XXL....my version!

From this: (Handpainted Rhapsodies Superwash wool roving in Monet's Garden color from Paradise Fibers)

To this: (le single, all balled up and ready to ply)

To my Mockking XXL!

Yep, she's a purdy one!

Nice green, purple, teal and blue, how pretty you look all entwined!

I can't wait to make you my little socks.

Bought only 3 oz of this roving to try. It was my first time ordering from Paradise Fibers, so I didn't know how their handpainted rovings were in real life.

Nice, highly recommended! Not only that, but they have good customer service too!

So, Specs:
100% Superwash Wool
3.10 oz/88 g
16 WPI
244 yds/223 m
(hmmm, should get more yardage from a 16 WPI 3 oz skein...maybe I counted the wraps around the skein winder, I mean stool base, wrong...)

Time for a pair of handknit short socks! Anklets!

Thanks for the comments about the Suri Love scarf. I did get some much better pics of her this week, and will put them up, with the pattern later!

11 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Stariel said...

Amazing! I really love it, the colors are gorgeous and I'm sure it will make some great socks. :D

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Magatha said...

Sparkling Water! That would be what I'd call that beautiful skein.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger zibibbo said...

It is TOO PRETTY FOR SOCKS!


Swoonerific! Yes, the spin certainly does love you :)

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Those colors are gorgeous! But never too pretty for socks. ;)

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger mikomiao said...

gorgeous! i <3 the colors and the spin does love you very much.

those will be a pair of mighty lovely socks.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Lazuli said...

Oh wow, that really did knit up well! And you're right, Mocking is good thing to name it, as it looks like its namesake! :-)

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Susann said...

Lovely! I'd love to steal that from you. ;-)

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger aija said...

Those are going to be great socks!! :)

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

I couldn't bear to hide that gorgeous yarn in my shoes. It'd be a hat. Then again, it is your yarn. ;) It really does look like Trekking.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

That is just so gorgeous!!! That is better XXL! ;)

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Oh gosh,,,, those colors are amazing!

Been trying to hold off on Paradise Fibers,,,, I drool over my keyboard everytime I go on their site!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home