Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Great Mail Day!

Side dish from Sasha!

Four lovely ounces of llama, tussah silk and merino blend fluff!

SO soft and shiny! And I adore the blue-brown color combo, so I really want to spin this one next...
Sasha really seems to know what I like!

And from Laura:
"Windswept" colorway


"Fiery" colorway


and "Thoughtful" colorway


Bamboo top!


Laura sent me a big, lovely package of goodies from Lynn's Texas Fiber as a trade for spinning her quiviut! The colored fibers are all wool, and all lovely! The Bamboo top is amazing, so soft and shiny, with a staple of around 2 inches, so it should be nice to spin! Funny, not all bamboo top is alike apparently. I fondled some at Village Wools a while back that felt squeeky and somewhat coarse! SO different from this one....so, maybe with bamboo you want to try before you buy! (Or just order from Lynn...)

And Laura, I'm working on the quiviut still! Prepped for 2 hours again last night!

4 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh wow! That's a whole lotta fiber!!

Love the blue grey stuff!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh My God that first blend is just gorgeous. The hint of blue in a sea of brown - wow. Wonderful fiber pr0n.

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Susann said...

I want to reach into the screen and pet the fiber! Gorgeous colours and I'm waiting to see what you make of it.

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous rose said...

Pretty pretty fiber!
Just an FYI: this post is very wierd and compressed on my screen. THe pictures take up most of the screen space,and the text is in tiny rows and long columns on the right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home