Thursday, September 28, 2006

Cormo?, this stuff is so soft it should be called Pillow!

Spun, Plied and Petted.

Cormo wool. I traded some local Churro with CeallachKnits for a surprise she would pick up for me at Lambtown, and this is what she sent:



Above, pre-plying in little center pull pillows...



Finished yarn. A small skein and a big skein. Well balanced too!



My main goal in spinning this yarn was to maintain the lovely softness and sproinginess that the roving had. I think I suceeded, the yarn has a nice loft, and is incredibly soft. Against a baby's bottom soft even.



Still dreaming about what Pillow-Cormo wants to be knit into.



Yarn Specs:
Small Skein: 45g/1.6 oz, 108m/118yds
Large Skein: 78g/2.75 oz, 220m/240yds

Total: 4.35 oz, 358 yds.
Sport or DK weight, 13 WPI

Love it. Thinking of dyeing her purple, what do you think? Purple Cormo?

10 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

That's really lovely! I could see it in a purple. What are you going to do with it (assuming you still knit)? ;)

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Purple would be beautiful. You are a wonderful spinner.

Have you ever hear of the "lobster stitch"? I am trying to design an aran baby blanket for some friends of mine and I can't find a chart or mention of that stitch anywhere-or does it maybe have a different more commonly used name? Any info you have would be well appreciated. :) Thanks.

Tara M.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Purple would be nice. But it almost seems as if it should stay undyed, since it's soft like a cloud maybe it should stay the same color as a cloud.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Laura said...

PURPLE! The best color after red and pink :D

You're such an amazing spinner. I'm so happy that I asked you to spin my qiviut.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

WOW! That looks so soft from here!! ahhhhh! I like it plain or purple...good thing I don't have to decide LOL! ;)

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous rose said...

purple would be nice, but I love the natural color it is. Excecllent spinning, as usual :)

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Brittany said...

That LOOKS wonderfully soft and sproingy. Yum.

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That really does look scrummy soft. You did a great job spinning it up.

 
At 5:39 AM, Anonymous the kitchener bitch (purrl) said...

Your spinning is getting more and more even and consistent all the time. I'm really in awe of your ability to pump out yarn like that.

I agree that I would leave it as it is - the beautiful creamy color would be just a shame to get rid of. I can see this in cables somehow...

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Pillow Cormo! Perfect name for it! I could totally lay my head down on that for a nap. Mmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home