Monday, September 18, 2006

Alpaca, lovely alpaca

Handspun alpaca. I shall call this one Mead.



3.6 oz/103 g.



430 yds, 16-18 WPI, fingering weight.



From Jim and Lois of Navajo Lake Alpacas (local!).



Final destination? Wrap, lacey, warm and soft.



On the needles still: Handspun socks (1.33 done), Cardi (on second sleeve), Starmore swatch (it's been a while), blanket (to be frogged and re-started).

On the bobbins: Cormo (started last night), and some Corriedale cross (long since forgotton....to be plied with the other half of the mohair locks one day...

6 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

That's gorgeous!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I just received some handspun aussie alpaca in a swap of sorts. Nearly the same color as that. Reminds me of caramel. Delicious looking isn't it?

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger aija said...

Beautiful!!

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Can I have that yarn? My birthday is Nov 13. Hint hint hint. I don't blame you for saying no. But I covet it.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Abigale said...

Spinning is good!

Love it, love that you're calling it Mead. Mmmm - alpaca is so nice in it's myriad of natural colors. Beautiful job on the spinning (as always!)

Have fun!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger String Bean said...

Wow! Impressive! It could be my belated birthday present. Aug. 27th. Or is that too late?
Gosh, I love that yarn. Beeutiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home