Monday, August 14, 2006

words only

Just found out my zip drive isn't working...so no pics today.

I'll have to investigate further.

Weekend, good. Week, wishing it was still the weekend!

At least we got in a good raft trip, some visiting with Nate's sis and her friend, and some good food.

Oh, and I taught Catie (the friend) to spin! Sent her home with a drop spindle and some Corriedale! Since she already knits, I figured she'd like to spin!

Started spinning up the lovely, lovely silk and merino roving from Purrl (oh, how I love this), and worked on the handspun (remind me next time to spin up a little thicker handspun sock yarn....10 st to the inch is a lot o sock knitting) socks this weekend.

(taught Nate to knit too, but that deserves it's own post...)

And now, back to your regularly scheduled web browsing.

4 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Anonymous rose said...

I usually knit my socks on US0s with a gauge of 10 sts/inch. But then again, I'm odd.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Wow, teaching your husband to knit does deserve an entry of it's own. I can't wait!

I've tried to get mine to learn, but he's too stubborn. Oh well, more yarn for me right?

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Ali said...

No pictures! waahhhhhh.

Another spinning enabler. You and Zib assimilating ;)

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger spinndiva said...

wohooo can't wait for the knitting Husband post!
a new spinner in our midst? YAYYYY welcome!
good job....
I am with ali... resistance is futile... hehehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home