Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Socks ala Nate

They fit, and he likes them!

A little closer....look at those man colors! Brown! Gray! Tan! Tweedy blue!

Lana Grossa Meilenweit sockyarn (tweed something or other). Size 2 US needles. Basic cuff down, stockinette sock. My only modification was to add a single ridge of garter stitch at the top of the heel flap. I experimented with this on a pair for me, and liked the way it worked in tennis shoes and hiking boots...so I threw it in on the Nate socks.

Went to spin night last night at Durango Fiber Works studio . The studio is going to be a great resource for me in the coming years, not only are they working on more and more classes, but the three women who run it are fiber farmers! One alpaca ranch, and two sheep and herb farms!

Anyways, I spun up a bit of the soy silk I bought at Village Wools. And....I don't love it. I'll have to put together a whole post about the soy silk tonight I think.

(it feels squeaky, almost *gasp* petro-ish).....

10 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger zibibbo said...

Nice your The Man socks!

They look rather manly!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger bradyphrenia said...

ooh, i love those! i have a skein of this yarn in black/gray/white. i might have to make my dad a pair of manly man socks. :-)

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

I love those socks! Great manly-man colors!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Great man socks! The colours are very blokeish ;)

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger adrienne said...

Nice socks! they look so comfy :)

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Ali said...

very good-looking socks they are!

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ooo! Cool socks! They drip manley-ness!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on soy silk.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Men men men men...it's a song from where I can't recall.

those are manly!

 
At 6:40 AM, Anonymous the kitchener bitch said...

Very nice socks for the Man! They look great and very macho!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home