Monday, August 07, 2006

N is for Neigh!

Neighbor's Horses!

The neighbors that live to the north of us...in that house there:

Are keeping four of their horses in our pasture for the rest of the summer.

We don't have animals yet, they have animals, and we have Very Tall Grass and Weeds that needs a-eatin.

Very friendly horses too. They come running when I head out by the fence. Hoping for an apple that fell off the tree...


Spun some lovely, lovely 70% alpaca, 30% silk this weekend...pics later this week!

Started the sockies from the handspun. I said I was going to do toe up. But, I stopped by the LYS on Saturday and bought the Sensational Knitted Socks book. And working through what I wanted in that book, well, cuff down it is again. But, I'll be trying a new stitch pattern at least. And a new toe technique.

Like I said, I went into the LYS. I found it interesting that I had no real desire to browse or buy yarn. If they had fiber that would have been a different story....I find myself more and more drawn to fiber and the possibilities therein and less drawn to commercially produced yarn.

Tomorrow is Spin Night at the new Durango Fiber Works studio. I can't wait! Not only did I find a spinning guild to join this summer, but a fiber arts studio opened with Spin Nights! And Pam with the sheepies up the road is one of the founders. Tres cool.

5 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger sgeddes said...

I wish I had neighbors like that!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger zibibbo said...

OH COOL! HORSIES!

Must show Kiddo, thanks for sharing :D

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Ali said...

Very cool pics.

Congrats on the new Mod-tern-SHIP :)

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

Ohh, they're beautiful!!

 
At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Rose said...

Nice horses. The Spin Night sounds like so much fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home