Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday Fiber

Yah. Fiber on a Friday, it's what I like to see!

A little handpainted love:

(Handpainted by me...KoolAid. Who knows what colors, what combo, I am very unscientific about these things, but I like it. Destined to be the body part of another pair of cable mitts, with lavender edging.)

Stitch markers from Ana!

I got these a while back and forgot to blog em. I'm not always the fastest with that. I love them! Thanks!

And now, a little more fiber, for this fibery Friday...

Merlinthecat (Cortney) sent me 4 oz. of her gorgeous Coopworth fleece! Already washed, it doesn't have all those vegetal bits I'm used to picking out, nice.

This stuff must really smell sheepy (I can't tell), because the second I opened the bag, the cats were on it!
I have to figure out how to make the yellow come out, or figure if that matters. But 4 oz washed will actually make a good amount of yarn!

So....if you haven't already, click on the little SpinKnitties button over there >> and sign up for the new Knitty Spinnies ring!

Thanks to an awesome Z. for the lovely new blog header too! If you were wondering, the blue-green yarn is my handspun sockyarn (the same yarn I'm knitting the socks from yesterday's post with), the other yarn is handspun Moorit Shetland that I overdyed with Wiltons, and the other pic, well, that's skiing in Telluride (oh how I wish it was winter right now!).

(And if you're having issues with the sidebar appearing at the bottom of the blog instead of the side...let me know. I'm working on stuff to fix it, but it might take time!)

7 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yes, on my Mac, using Safari, the sidebar is still down at the bottom. But at least the text doesn't lap into the green margins anymore. Progress!

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous rose said...

Mmm...fiber fridays. I can get behind this.

I'm on a Mac (safari at work, firefox at home) and the sidebar is always on the bottom).

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I saw your cat's head in that fleece shot and had to do a double take--thought I was looking at the oddest color fleece there! Ha!

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Ali said...

Love your new header. It's more you. :) The blog looks fine to me, everything lines up just right. Sidebar on sidebar. I'm on a pc using IE.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Liesl said...

Hi.
*waves*

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Is that Z for Zib or Z for Zonda? I'm figuring Zib the techie. Sweeeeet!

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger zibibbo said...

hey now, no spreading rumors about the letter Z!

And it looks fab!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home