Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Correidale ala Sabrina

A skein of Corrie, plied and hung, upon the shower til she was done.

This is the first skein of the lovely Corriedale that I traded Babytaz (Knittyboard) for. I have a whole lb. of this lovely fiber, and I'd say this skein is about 3.5 oz or so. From a sheep called Sabrina no less!

My standard 2 ply, plied back from a center pull ball....

This is the most even yarn I've spun to date. After plying and winding into a hank, it was perfectly balanced, even before the final soak. The roving is fairly thin, and ever so soft.

Very quick to spin on my wheel, I didn't even predraft this roving at all!
Props to those at the Frankenmuth fiber mill!

I definitely see nice overdyeing possibilities in the future of this fiber....it went so well with the Moorit Shetland, I bet gray makes a nice base too.

I had a wonderful trip to Albuquerque and Santa Fe this past weekend, met Spin (see side bar for her blog!) and her wonderful family, and gave Murray and Hendrix to them to love! Spin has the cutest kids, a hyperactive Chihuahua named Thor, and a wonderful husband. Thanks spin for the lovely handspun alpaca! The roses! The BBQ! (I'd take pics, but the camera is off with Nate for the week....)

Santa Fe is always a treat. Even more so when and event like the Spanish Market is going on.

11 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Abigale said...

ooooh - verra nice indeed! I'm sure you're right that it would overdye a treat.... Whatcha gonna do with it?? Have fun - whatever you do!

Abi

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

That's gorgeous! Do you ever knit anymore, or are you just starting a new stash? ;)

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger zibibbo said...

I liiiike Sabrina, I do!

Lovely spinning there. Hubby just OOHed over how fine and smooth it looked :) (me too for that matter)

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That is lovely. I like the colour as it is, but you're right it would overdye really well I'm sure.

I bet you can't wait to knit it up, it looks perfect for a winter knit!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

So pretty!!!

And hello--how many times was in in Frankenmuth and walked right past that place! Dangit!

 
At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Rose said...

Lovely yarn. It's so great when you finish plying and you have perfection.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

O h love the yarn! It looks so huggable!
Murray and Hendrix are the new Bosses in the house... they just took over the place. We all love them and the neighbours have started visiting them...( yes they have their own fanclub now...)
Loved having you here , Sarah ... would love to do it again!
Hugs, Spin

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Karen said...

so lovely and so even!

Re: wheels....I am planning on purchasing one while at Rhinebeck in Oct. or shortly thereafter. Woo! I've had a taste of the wheel, when I've gone to Valerie's house.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I envy your spinning skillz.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Ali said...

How cool, you met Spin and she adopted the kitties. Sounds like you all had a great time.

I want to come back to Sante Fe so badly. One of the prettiest towns I've seen. Maybe next year.

 
At 4:49 AM, Anonymous the kitchener bitch said...

The yarn (as usual) looks lovely! I just dyed some grey Corrie and it worked great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home