Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The trail used to start here...

OK Monkee. I said I'd take pics of the mountain bike trail for you eh?

Well, Pinon Mesa Trail used to start here, to the left of the big wash:


And wind up into the distance of the pic below.

But. We had some flash flooding on Saturday, and as far as I can tell, the trail is likely washed out! It followed the wash up for quite a ways before ending up on top of a mesa. No more singletrack following this wash for a while!

See all the debris in the foreground here:

This used to be a wire cattle fence. And there used to be a dirt road that went through here.

Still....I can't wait to go back. Explore where the trail once was, and find a new trail through. See changes in the landscape from one storm. Why do I love this trail, this area? It was one of the first places we took Wilco to romp. The first time I rode the trail with some friends I felt on top of the world. This isn't an easy trail. But I did it. I rode it. (I only fell once). I love the hoo doos you turn left at, and the sandstone in the sunset. I love that when you get to the top of the mesa you can see to Arizona, Utah and Colorado. And now I love that it has been changed with one storm. Makes me feel small and human and alive.


Kittens!

As you can see...they're just starting to eat real food now!

6 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger spinndiva said...

KITTENS!!!!!!
I love thepics of the trail! I should go out there more often then I do...

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger monkeemaven said...

Gorgeous pictures... and KITTENS!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Spin, you're welcome any time!

Monkee...yay!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh wow, hard to believe that water can do so much to the landscape, eh?

The kitties are so adorable. I have no idea how you're going to be able to part with Murray.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger zibibbo said...

Dayamm Mother Nature can be a bitch eh. I wonder how long it will take before there is a trail there once again.

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Rose said...

Ugh-so much flood damage all over the country (and the world) right now.

Cute kitty pictures. Is he sleeping in the food dish?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home