Friday, July 14, 2006

Some Unpacking is Fun

This unpacking was! Way more fun than unpacking your underwear and the cleaning supplies.

Most of the yarn is now unpacked! I need to get more of the shelves to hold the stuff in all the bags....or just the bags.


The desk with fiber to spin, knit books and misc. Most of a cardi is sitting there on the left. Bulky wool cardi. Not really inspiring to knit in the summer, I have a feeling it won't be finished for a while yet. That pile of turquoise stuff in the middle there is the quasi-felted pain-in-the-butt-to-draft churro I'm working through.

And....the unpacked section. Boxes of miscellaneous supplies, photos, holiday things. Things that went in the closet of the yarn room in the old house. But the closet in this room holds my clothes now since the master bedroom doesn't have the jumbo walk-in closet that the old house has.

I need to find a creative solution for all this other stuff. Photos shouldn't be stored in the basement I'm thinking.

But this weekend is for organizing the guest room since my parents are visiting next weekend!

Oh, and yard work. Since we had two weeks of rain the weeds are really trying to outgrow the veggies.

FYI, one cup of baking soda mixed with one quart of hydrogen peroxide makes short work of a skunkified cat.

10 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Wow! It almost looks like your very own yarn shop!

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

:)

I like to think of it like that, yes. (I'm just lucky because most of that yarn has been given to me thanks to my aunt and my yarn benfactress)!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

I was thinking the same thing as Turtlegirl! hehe! I thought, oh she opened her own LYS! Cool! Shop at home!! Lovely looking yarns there!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Ceallach said...

you need these!

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14059814&RN=51&KSKU=108799

I am considering them too, since they can be made into bins.

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous rose said...

You really do have a yarn shop set-up. It makes me want to go to your house and browse around :)

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger zibibbo said...

wow! Who needs underwear when you have all that yarn!


yes, yes I have yarnroom envy :)

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Photos in the basement can be ok, if the basement never floods and doesn't have other dampness issues. Since you live in the southwest, that might be ok.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Kate said...

can i have your stash please.....
lol

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Ali said...

Another vote here for "it looks like your very own yarn shop". Very nice.

I'll probably be in Alb. this year...hmmm, I may have to stop by and "browse". lol.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger spinndiva said...

WOHOOO stash is unpacked!!!!
I'm with Ali! I would not mind shop in your store ;) !
looks great !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home