Thursday, July 20, 2006

Rib and Cable Mitts

From the Spring IK. Verdict: I love em!

Nate's sister was visiting a few weeks ago and saw a pair of the VooDoo wristwarmers that I had made and said she really wished she had something like that. So, I flipped through the IK, saw these, and cast on.

A winner of a pattern.

Jo Sharp DK wool. Size 3 US DPNs. Total yarn used was a little under 100yds of the purple and about 25 yds of the blue (hhmmm, stash buster).

I think I'd like to knit these with a bigger, bolder cable. I don't know if its all my Aran swatching, but this little rope cable seemed so simple and little to me!

Quick to knit (start to finish, 1 week, including 5 days with no knitting on them and work on 3 other things plus spinning).
Feels like turbo knitting when you put a sock down and start on DK yarn!

Wilco watches the knitting eagerly, hoping that I'm finally knitting something he can chew up with glee:

Yep. I like the Mitts. I think I'll be making a few more pairs of these for gifts this year.

12 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Those are lovely! Very nice color combination. They would make terrific gifts.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger zibibbo said...

Nice, bit of cable, lovely color. I like 'em!

And you have a fab visit there too!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger adrienne said...

Ooooh, what a cute doggy! :)
And very nice mitts too!

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous rose said...

Great mitts. I might try that pattern for fall myself.

I love the pic of your dog. Such puppy eyes :)

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger bradyphrenia said...

very pretty. the cables look so delicate.

 
At 12:07 PM, Anonymous the kitchener bitch said...

Very cute! That dog has trouble written all over him, though. Look out.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Hee hee - puppy face! The wristwarmers are pretty! You and your aran obsession of course would feel like something was lacking, but they're simple and elegant. The next pair you can try a wacked out 6 column braid or something.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Ali said...

Lovely mitts. I may have to check that pattern out again and consider some Christmas gifts for family.

Wilco is after something, but I don't think it's mitts.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Kate said...

great mitts and cause he's been such a good boy- now you have to make four for your puppy!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Dreamy. I mean the mitts, but Wilco is too!

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Pretty mitts! A big old twisty plait would look cool! You'll have to use your swatching prowress and put something more intricate on the next set you make.

Aw, Wilco's too cute. Did you guys name him after the band?

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Cheesy Knit Wit said...

Your pup pup is adorable! :-)

Loverly mitts too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home