Friday, June 16, 2006

Socks II

I'm recovering from the horrible cold I picked up on the trip (yay). I actually got to work on time today (minor victory).

I present, my latest knitterly accomplishment, another pair of socks! Cast on during the flight from Denver to Detroit, and worked on whenever a spare moment struck during the trip, I finished sock 2 last night while watching Deadwood (my favorite show).

Sock loving detail:


And a little less detail:


Online something-or-other sock yarn. My first foray into self stripedy sock yarn, and it wasn't bad at all. Knitted on size 2 (US) DPNs. One of the plastic (Pony?) DPNs broke (tip fell off) while knitting the toe of the first sock, leaving a metal stick (which kept sliding out) inside a plastic tip-less tube . I actually finished the toe working like this (because I had already lost the 5th needle in the set...I think I dropped it off a raft on the river last September), then headed to the nearest LYS the next day to buy more needles. I picked up Clover bamboo DPNs, which, to my dismay were slightly larger in diameter than the plastic size 2s. So I knitted sock 2 with the 3 remaining plastic needles and one bamboo needle. As far as I can tell, no gauge issues arose, and the socks fit fine.

Ceci...I forgot the Starmore swatch info today...I'll edit to add the detailed info later OK!

Kittens are super fat now. Roly-poly belly kittens. And one is just starting to open his little blue kitten eyes.

I think I'll work on finishing up that cardigan I started a while back next. Then cast on for some Nate socks.

7 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger bradyphrenia said...

ooh, those are really pretty! i love that color combo. congrats on improvising past your needle issues.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Those are great colors! And way to persevere thru the needle issue - I'd never know there was any problem if you hadn't told me. Go Sarah!

Yeah for roly-poly kitties!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Love those socks! Great job!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Yay for Deadwood!

I love the stripey socks! That pattern is very pretty. All mine like that seems to have a lot of white in it, when I'm finding I don't especially love. I'll have to root around in ye olde sock bin to find some different stuff. But they are fast to knit! "Just one more pattern repeat..."

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

Those are REALLY cute! Very neat work!!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I love that yarn it striped out well!

And I must say, you win the best way to lose a knitting needle contest---off a river raft! I love it!

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Sarah Hall said...

I can't believe that this is a hand-made work! My greatest appreciations! You're the one who could simply make my day! With the help of your original works, I was able to re-start my stitching process. You are my inspiration! Have you ever cooperated with the best custom essay writers in the world?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home