Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Plumbing.

Plumbing is expensive. Especially after 5pm and when you have to pay for an hour drive time for the plumber to get to your house.

And a flooded basement from broken plumbing sucks too.

Good thing we have credit.

Its all fixed now, but an experience I'd like not to repeat.

On a happier note, a couple of pictures of the roving I spun the sock yarn in yesterday's post from:



Really nice roving. Nice results when spun. You can see how thick this merino roving is. I really pre-drafted a lot before spinning in order to get the fine, even yarn. Each strip of roving was separarated into about 8 or so thinner strips before pulling the fibers gently to the point of their slipping past each other before spinning. Some rovings I can spin with very little to no predrafting, I think it really depends on the end goal for the yarn.

I decided to put the roving pics up here since one day it will all be yarn, and I liked the results of this color combination so much it's a style I'd like to repeat in my own future dye experiences!

I've finished the Starmore swatch 6, and almost 7. Seven is a little tricky. Lots of tiny cabling work, and a few places where I've cabled the wrong way; which I definitely blame of the stress of the emergency plumbing. I hope to block them tonight and put pics up tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I learned something today! I didn't realize that merino roving was thicker than other rovings. NOW I don't feel so bad about failing miserably with merino and my drop spindle. I probably wasn't drafting enough!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Roving pr0n! See? That's the stuff. It's the star of the show. You can see the fibery goodness. yum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home