Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Kittens, Gardens, and Yarn

The three little kittens are good, all their eyes are now open, and they're starting to climb around a lot more! They still can't really walk though they do a wobbly crawl pretty well.

The roses are in bloom! The house has 8 rose bushes, all need some serious rose pruning maintenance and care, but they're blooming and beautiful. This flagstone patio garden area is pretty nice. I worked on it this weekend, I'm planning on using it for a nice herb and perennial garden area.

And, I couldn't resist. On Saturday we put in a little kitchen garden. Tomatoes, peppers and chiles, eggplant, zuchinni, cucumbers, squash and melon. Ah. I realized that in every house we've lived in I've put in a garden. I was a little sad thinking I wouldn't have one this year, but even though I didn't start these plants from seed and it was a little late, I think it will do well.

Handspun Llama! Two ply yarn...4 oz. About a worsted weight or a little lighter. Grays, greens, and blues.

The whole skein. Notice in the detail photo you can see some of the guard hairs. Even with the guard hairs, this llama yarn is pretty soft. The guard hair might make it itch as a scarf, but really it is some nice llama. Overall after spinning llama from the fiber fest, I have changed my previously biased opinion of llama fiber. I hadn't spun it before. I really do like this stuff.

7 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger shetha said...

Yarn and flowers, they just seem to go together, don't they?? It's beautifully spun... great work!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

It looks like you're living in a little slice of heaven.

 
At 4:46 AM, Anonymous Rose said...

The picture of the llama yarn and rosebush is a great shot. The yarn looks good. You have a really nice yard.

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous the kitchener bitch said...

Your roses AND your yarn look great! What sort of rose is that red one in the closeup? I'd love to add that one to my rose collection!

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I can't get over how gorgeous your property is at the new house! I've got severe garden envy, but I can't wait to get back into container gardening again.

Love the llama! That's just a gorgeous color! I made a friend a lace scarf this past xmas out of handspun llama, and it's not too scratchy as you would think. Its so soft and llama-y smelling!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Glad the kittens are doing ok.

That llama yarn looks lovely - such subtle colours, looks very soft.

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger Sarah Hall said...

Your hard work is appreciated by many of us, your regular visitors and subscribers! Good job! By the way, your roses in bloom look incredibly gorgeous! Thank you! Best regards, http://custom-writing.services/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home