Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Life is Hectic sometimes

I know I haven't posted in a while. Life has been hectic! With the buying and selling of our house and new house, working all week and weekend in the field, and then our home computer decided to crap out on us! But, in my spare time, I have been doing a little spinning.

That is the 'Autumn Splendor' Merino top that I got from Susan's Spinning bunny a while back. 8 oz of top transformed into 8oz of DK weight two-ply yarn. I really like the way that it turned out. The colors, the spinning, it just worked. Yards, em, I know I did 175 wraps on one skein and 275 wraps on another skien...but forgot to measure the back of the chair I wrapped them around to calculate! I should do that.

Spinning the yarn above.

And, a little (and I mean a little) knitting. I think I knit this little scarf, worked a little on a gift scarf, and finished the front left of the cardi, not much for two weeks!

This scarf is knit in a simple lace pattern, I think Spanish Lace from one of the Walker books. I used one skein of the hand-dyed yarn, held together with a strand of mohair for fuzziness. It really is an easter egg scarf. But pretty, and Spring-y. And itchy! I have to wear it with a collared shirt.

My spinning companions. They curl up together on the couch next to me almost every night.


I've started the Aran Knitting swatches from Alice Starmore. I'm planning on knitting all 20 or so cabled swatches in order to develop the intuitive knitting thing she talks about. Being able to knit those Arans without looking at the charts! It's a lofty goal. But I'm swatching.

2 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

That color! I love it!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger jen said...

What a cute picture! Ahhk, it really brings out my hankering for a dog. The yarn, by the way, is terribly beautiful.

Dangerously beautiful, even. What will it become?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home