Wednesday, March 15, 2006

What to do?

With all my new yarn? I've come up with a few ideas. I checked out the Aran Knitting book by Alice Starmore from the library, and lo and behold, I have enough yarn, exactly the specified yarn too, for these:

St. Ciaran wrap. I'd like to knit this with the purple Scottish Heather and the brass Scottish Heather. Knit in three different vertical stripes of color, perhaps a bit bigger, more like a blanket.

(Photo copyright Virtual Yarns, borrowed from their website: www.virtualyarns.com )

Irish Moss. Also from Aran Knitting. I would love to knit this one for Nate. In the gray Scottish Heather.

(Photo borrowed from www.purlwise.com )

Aranmor. This one would be for me! From the AK book, I'd knit it in the slate blue Bainin yarn.

(Photo borrowed from www.fiberfever.com )

And finally, I cast on and started the back of this Drop Stitch Cardigan from the Fall 2005 IK mag. I'm using a bulky cream colored Finnish wool, that is sooooo soft. I had to go up to size 10.5 needles (US) to get gauge, so this one should be pretty quick to knit. And, I'll learn how to put in a zipper, thus adding another skill to repertoire. Plus, a cream sweater jacket seems like something that I would wear quite often.

(Photo from interweave knits, www.interweave.com )

2 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger Sherazade96 said...

That purple wrap looks *awesome* and soooo cozy! I would snuggle with that all night long!!!

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Katie said...

I checked out the book and will be making the St Ciaran wrap as soon as I can afford the yarn. Thanks for posting it! I'd love to hear from you if you make it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home