Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Vogue Lace Shawl

Finally complete and ready to wear!
Draped over the shower curtain rod to view in it's entirety:

Draped on me to show some detail (I wore a black dress to try and get the model effect in the mag, but I am no model, and the lack of a nice sandy beach to prance on doesn't help either):

Close-up of a little stitch detail:


First off, I love this shawl. I'm wearing it right now.

Stats:
Pattern: Vogue Knitting Fall 2005 pattern 18
Yarn: Koigu KPPPM for the body, color 319, I used three and a half skeins. Edging, Koigu KPM, color 2392, I used two whole skeins, and had three rows left to complete when I ran out (so I used a little more of the body color to finish).
Needles: Size 6 Denise circs.

Modifications: None, completed the pattern as directed, but used a little body color to finish the last 3 rows on one of the edgings (couldn't see ording a new skein for three rows!).

Notes: The body pattern was easy for lace, memorized it quickly and knit the body pretty fast. The edging was definitly more of a challenge, and there are a few small mistakes, but do-able. I had only really done 3 other lace projects before this one, and it went well. Note too, that you need to go the VK website and look up the pattern errata, the main one is in the yardage required to complete the shawl.

I really am happy with the way this turned out. I think the variegated body yarn works out well with this because the lace isn't too complex in the body. Koigu is really good for showing stitch definintion too, and blocks wonderfully. And, it sure is nice and soft around the neck. No itching whatsoever!

mmmmm. lace. koigu.

9 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Kelly said...

Oooh, I really love the colours!

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Rose said...

That is lovely! That shawl has been a to-be-knit project for a while. I'll have to start on it soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Gorgeous!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger zibibbo said...

OH WOW!

It's Belissima!!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger monkeemaven said...

Wow - looks great! I really like the contrast between the edging and the multicoloured center!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Areli said...

Your shawl has turned out gorgeous. I love the colors!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Beautiful work! The colors you chose are fantastic.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That is so pretty. Such lovely colours.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Elegant! Regal! Stunning shawl, Sarah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home