Sunday, March 05, 2006

Under the Hoodie

Voila! Finished her yesterday. As I wasn't quite up to a big day after my hard week, I sat at home, seamed her up, and watched a bazillion episodes of America's Next Top Model on VH1.

In all her sweater-y goodness:


And the back:


This was my Knitting Olympics project, and I did actually finish all of the knitting during the Olympics. I didn't complete the finishing though until yesterday.

Stats:
Under the Hoodie from SnB
Size Medium
Yarn: The blue-purple is KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in Hyacinth, the light lavendar stripe is Lambs Pride Worsted, and the Mauve is Cascade 220 in Eggplant.
Needles: Size 8 24" Addi's for most, size 7 Denises for the ribbing.

I used 6.5 out of the 7 balls of the Wool of the Andes, 2.33 out of 3 balls of the Cascade, and a small portion of the single ball of the LP (12 rows total of it).

Pattern is easy to follow, nothing tricky, and I really love the finished result, this is one sweater I'll be wearing a lot! I already wore it last night, and will probably wear it today too.

I like all 3 of these worsted weight wools too. The WooA knit up to gauge on my first swatch, the Cascade is slightly thicker, but not enough to throw off my gauge, and the LP is definitely thicker. If I was knitting more than three rows at a time with it I would have swatched it and changed needle sizes I think.

I did a steam block, and it worked nicely!

And, with cat:


Went to a pig roast last night. Good eats. If you ever get the chance, go to one!

6 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Kelly said...

It looks awesome! And great colours, a lot better than the ones in the book ;).

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Areli said...

That turned out really good! And the colors you chose look great together.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh wow. I like that a lot. And I love the fact you mixed up different brands of yarn. That's encouraging. I will have to think about doing this pattern. I just love the look of it on. It looks so comfortable.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Penny Karma said...

Good work! Go you!!

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

That is lovely. The colours work so well together.

Congrats on your Olympics victory!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

GORGEOUS!!! It makes me want to knit one too! Really impressive. And a sweet kitty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home