Monday, March 06, 2006

A little Toque-n

I made this little toque for someone. I'll be sending her the link to the photo today and see if I can send it off soon. Hope she likes it!



Yarn: 1/2 ball of Gedifra Fashion Trend stripe and almost one complete ball of a purple/muliticolor wool bulky yarn that I was gifted.
Pattern: Self-designed, 3 x 3 rib, knit flat then decreases in pattern til there is no more pattern left!
Needles: Size 8 US Addi's. (Both yarns were bulky weight, but I wanted a thick fabric for extra warmth).

I needed something to knit yesterday while at the Rabies Shot clinic, so cast on for a quick toque in the morning, and it was done by bedtime. I wanted something easy and quick, and this fit the bill! I also recently remembered that I had promised to knit 2 people hats waaaaay back when.

(I also cast on for a fun and quick drop stitch scarf yesterday, with some clearance yarn I happened to pick up last week...also to be a gift!)

Other than that, I really want to start gardening, Spring is coming. I have bulbs beginning to poke through the ground, and tendrils of green are starting to re-appear. Can't wait.

4 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Penny Karma said...

I LOVE the colors in that one!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger allelejean said...

Very pretty!

Are you originally from Canada? Or the Northern US?? Just the use of the word Toque kinda threw me off to see your are in New Mexico. :)

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Areli said...

Very cute hat! Love the colors, and with bulky yarn it's such a quick knit.

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger allelejean said...

I got your comments. :)

I don't really know that much about the cost of beer making, as my fiance had all of the equipment before we started dating. It's pretty easy to do though and I think you can buy basic kits for around $50 or so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home