Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Hanspun Voodoo [wristwarmers]

These were made with from the Knitty pattern 'Voodoo armwarmers' with the lupine handspun yarn that I blogged about not too long ago. I really like them! Wore them yesterday in the field, and the were great! I plan on using them when I ski, to prevent the glove-jacket wrist gap problem. I'll let you know how that goes!


I swatched for the Knitting Olympics, with the Wool of the Andes for Under the Hoodie. Got gauge the first time! On size 8 circs. which just happen to be my only Addi's, which I was hoping to use! yay!

Skied Sunday....it rocked. Tele mogul clinic. With 4 little boys, and one dude who couldn't ski. It was fun, weird, and instructive all at the same time!

No snow forcast again. Friggin high pressure and lame La Nina. Go away, we want snow!

3 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

Oh so pretty. Very functional. Now here's a question - since you'll be using those to play in the snow, did you use superwash? I know wool has insulating properties even when wet, I was just curious if on anticipates lots of wet, is it better to have them washable? Or is that really only needed for stuff one wants to warm wash?

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Very nice - I was about to start these and was looking for people who finished them for a sizing question - which size did you do? My hand is about 3" across the widest part of the palm....I love the color!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

oh - you can email me if you want! yecatsml at aol dot com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home