Thursday, February 02, 2006

Chewed by the Cats

This used to be a single ball of Trekking XL sock yarn. Until it was Chewed byt the Cats. All in a period of 10 minutes, while I was in the same room. They sneakily took it out of my knitting bag, snuck around the other side of the couch where I couldn't see them as easily, and chewed. It. Up.

I wonder which ones did it.....

I have a suspicion. Tele and Dory. The 9 month old kitten delinquents!

Anyways, do you think I can still knit a pair of socks for Nate with it? Is it in too many pieces? Is it too much of a hassle to weave in ends on socks? Or is it bad for the socks to have originated in that many pieces of string? Help please!

Cats....dang it. (but i still love em).

5 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger cpurl17 said...

oh those bad little kitties! no treats for you!

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Roxy said...

Ah cats. The joys of cats. Eating your yarn.

Hee hee ;)


Another excuses to buy more!

WOOHOO!

 
At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one that's right behind you looks guilty as all hell.

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Sarah said...

I just read somewhere that the best way to work in ends is to do 4 or 5 duplcate stitches on the inside of the garment.

I haven't tried it yet.

My cat(s) destroyed a ball of my handspun and I'm not over it yet :)

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Starfish said...

DOH!! I hate when that happens!! I don't usually figure out it's been chewed until I start knitting with a suspiciously wet piece of yarn...

I say knit it up, you'll just have to weave in a slight bit more than usual..but if trekking is as nice as they say (I am dying to see it in person) then go for it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home