Friday, January 20, 2006

Baby Blanket FO!

The baby blanket is finished! Here is the center part, with a heart that I 'embroidered' with yarn in the middle. Dory was almost afraid of the heart when I first laid the blanket on the bed.

The center part of the blanket again...

The view of the whole blanket, laid out on the bed. This picture is with the flash, the colors actually look more accurate in the photo with the cat paw, above.

Aha, better color here...

And here. Tele likes it too.

Or, one down 4 to go! Only 4 WIP's in my knitting progress bin now this is complete! I must say, I am happy about this.

The blanket is a gift for my neice Treah, who was born on November 11th (my birthday too!) 2005! I'll be mailing it to my sister Monday!

Specs: I used 4 colors of Bernat Softee Baby and knit 4 squares with the four patterns above. One basketweave, one stripedy, one with eyelet lace, and one with three cables. It took me FOREVER. I don't think I'm the blanket knitting type. Though, I am happy to be sending this to my little neice! Didn't measure the blanket or anything fancy, but I think it turned out cute.

Heck the cats approve. And that's what matters in this house!

4 Comments:

At 5:29 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Baby blankets and kitties--how could you go wrong?

Lovely blanket!!!

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Elisabeth said...

Beautiful Blanket! :-) I love Softee Baby, I use it for all my Preemie knitting.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger bradyphrenia said...

that blanket is adorable. i love the heart in the center.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Hillary said...

I love the heart in the middle. It's so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home